Search more than 275,000 synonyms, antonyms, related words, and idiomatic phrases. Find concise definitions pinpointing the meaning shared by synonyms, and sample sentences showing how words are used in context. The thesaurus is more than just a list of synonyms; it is your guide to more precise and effective use of language.
Browse the Thesaurus
- How 'Mean' Became Nasty
- The One Who Cries, The One Who Interrupts, and more Words for That Certain Person
- 'Aluminum' or 'Aluminium'?
- Words from Scottish English We Love
- January 2020 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Intact Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game